Tuesday, February 8, 2011

02.07.2011


When I have time, I enjoy reading other blogs about being creative.  One of those that I read is also doing a photo of the day project.  One post mentioned that objects around your house have a story to tell and are worth photographing so the story can be told. 

This is one of my favorite groupings in my house.  I love, love, love antiques.  My dream house would be an old farm house full of nooks and crannies to put neat antiques.  Antiques like this crock, potato smasher, and whiskey jug. 

The Corner Store crock was actually given to me by Tyler's Grandma Carol at my bridal shower.  It was given to Carol by her sister who bought it at an auction or antique store in Kalispell, MT.  It was, hands down, my favorite present of the day.  I remember going to The Corner Store when I was very little and looking at the big glass displays of nickel candy, gum, and toys.  I dreamed of having money to spend on the merchandise.  I remember one particular time, the owner gave me a piece of gum.  I felt so special.

The potato smasher was my Grandma Spitzer's, I believe.  I love the green handle and that my Grandma's hands used to touch it.  I got the whiskey jug from my dad and mom.  I'm not sure where it came from other than it being with a bunch of other crocks, many of which I now have, in the basement on the shelf for years.  I can't wait to go home this spring (particularly when the snow melts so that I can get into the garage) so that I can pick up a few more things from home.

1 comment:

  1. This is a really nice photo, and a great idea to put the story with it. I'm looking forward to more of these.

    ReplyDelete