Tuesday, February 15, 2011

02.11.2011


I love rocks.  I always have and always will.  I used to ride in the loader of the "putt-putt" tractor in the spring of the year picking rocks with my Dad.  Often times, I'd raise my hand to stop.  This wasn't to pick a big rock that might harm the machinery, it was just so I could pick up a neat rock that I saw.  My Dad has a minor in geology and would often tell me about the rocks or tell me jokes about the rocks.  Dad definitely passed on his love of rocks to me...it was probably a way to make picking rocks not quite so monotonous. 

Now, people give me rocks for presents and they are my favorite.  Dale and Elaine bring me rocks home from their vacations:  I have a couple really neat ones from New Mexico.  A student bought me a geode necklace for Christmas one year after I commented that when I win the lottery I am going to go buy the four foot tall geode from Reptile Gardens.  And when Tyler comes home from elk hunting, he brings me rocks.  Those are the rocks that I decided to photograph tonight.  He picked these two up in Fort Peck, MT while out hunting.  Really, I love when people see a cool rock and think, "Wow, Brandy would love this." 

No comments:

Post a Comment